This site contains affiliate links to products. SpeechWorks may receive a commission, at no additional cost to you, for purchases made through these links.
Audiobooks are a great way to listen to children’s stories in the car, in the house, or out and about. Just like paper and ebooks, children benefit from listening to audiobooks. Unlike audiobooks geared to adults, those for children often include different voices for different characters and sound effects that make listening even more engaging.
Here are 5 ways you can find audiobooks for your child:
1) Libby app by Overdrive is a free app available through most public libraries. The app is free to download to your phone, tablet, or iPad. The books are automatically returned, so you don’t have to worry about overdue fines.
2) For the duration of school closures due to COVID-19, Audible Stories is free. Audible Stories allows listeners to stream a variety of children and young adult books for free.
3) Audible is a paid service that includes titles for both children and adults.
4) Storyline Online is a collection of free videos of actors reading various children’s books. This is a fun way to see children’s stories presented in a new way and a fun way to see actors from a different perspective.
5) Malty The Blue Tiger is up to a few new adventures. that you can listen to while learning Spanish as well. Each audiobook comes with a printable read-along, which has English/Spanish words color-coded for easy comparison.