This site contains affiliate links to products. SpeechWorks may receive a commission, at no additional cost to you, for purchases made through these links.
July is National Ice Cream Month and the 3rd Sunday of July is National Ice Cream Day!
Here are some ice cream themed ideas for you to celebrate all month long (and only one includes eating ice cream):
- Create numerous flavors and creations with these free ice cream printables.
- Play ice cream parlor. Use plastic dishes and spoons to pretend you are with your child getting ice cream at a drive-through or walk-in parlor. This pretend play activity will help your child learn the skill of taking turns (“May I take your order?” “That will be $4.00”).
- Read about ice cream. Here are some fun books about all things ice cream.
- Make ice cream at home. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can make some with some plastic seal-able freezer bags.
- Enjoy ice cream. Whether it is in a dish or cone, homemade or store-bought, in your home or at the ice cream parlor, be sure to enjoy this treat to celebrate!