National Donut Day
The first Friday in June is known as National Donut Day thanks to The Salvation Army in Chicago recognizing women who served soldiers donuts during World War I.
Here are 5 ways to celebrate National Donut Day this year. We would have given you more, but you’ll need a free hand to enjoy your donut!
- Visit participating Dunkin Donuts and receive a complimentary classic doughnut of your choice with the purchase of any beverage all day Friday while supplies last.
- Read If You Give a Dog a Donut by Laura Numeroff.
- Get one free doughnut of your choice, no purchase necessary, at participating Krispy Kreme locations.
- While you are standing in line for your donuts, munching on your donuts or reading about donuts, play a donut-themed game of Bingo.
- Read these books about donuts with or to your child. And yes, you now have a half dozen donut-themed books to celebrate National Donut Day!
Donut miss this opportunity to create fun memories and to spark questions from your child about why we celebrate National Donut Day.
Jann Fujimoto, MS CCC-SLP, likes old-fashioned donuts the best. She is a speech-language pathologist and owner of SpeechWorks with offices in Oconomowoc and Waukesha. SpeechWorks helps children become confident and competent communicators..
Leave a Reply