The first Friday in June is known as National Donut Day thanks to The Salvation Army in Chicago recognizing women who served soldiers donuts during World War I.
Here are 5 ways to celebrate National Donut Day this year. We would have given you more, but you’ll need a free hand to enjoy your donut!
- Visit participating Dunkin Donuts and receive a complimentary classic doughnut of your choice with the purchase of any beverage all day Friday while supplies last.
- Read If You Give a Dog a Donut by Laura Numeroff.
- Get one free doughnut of your choice, no purchase necessary, at participating Krispy Kreme locations.
- While you are standing in line for your donuts, munching on your donuts or reading about donuts, play a donut-themed game of Bingo.
- Read these books about donuts with or to your child. And yes, you now have a half dozen donut-themed books to celebrate National Donut Day!
Donut miss this opportunity to create fun memories and to spark questions from your child about why we celebrate National Donut Day.